Asia Pyron is a freelance choreographer and the director of PYDANCE. Asia is originally from Atlanta, GA but received most of her early training at Interlochen Arts Academy in Northern Michigan. After graduating highschool, Asia attended the Boston Conservatory at Berklee where she received her B.F.A. in Contemporary Performance and Composition in 2020. During her time in Boston, she formed her dance collective, PYDANCE, and performed in local dance festivals such as the Boston Contemporary Dance Festival, Onstage360, and the Boston Conservatory WinterWorks concerts. Asia has been commissioned as a guest artist at institutions and companies such as the Boston Conservatory at Berklee, URBANITY Dance, DanceLab NY, and VLA Dance. Asia has also been awarded various grant and residency opportunities such as the Metro Arts THRIVE Grant, South Arts Cross Sector Impact Grant in partnership with Creative Parks Nashville, and the Mare Nostrum Elements: Emerging Choreographers Series. Asia currently resides in Nashville, TN, where she continues to create work for PYDANCE and other dance organizations throughout the country.
- Attended Governor’s School for the Arts for dance in 2013
- Attended Belmont University from 2014-2018, graduated with a BS in Nursing with minor in dance
- Danced with Belmont University Dance Company all 4 years of college
- Have taught various classes including ballet and lyrical throughout the years since I was 16
- Currently work full time as a nurse at Vanderbilt